Meet the Lenovo Legion, a new series of computers dedicated to all gamers. Lenovo launched two new gaming laptops at CES 2017, the Lenovo Legion Y720 and Y520.The Legion Y720 laptop is the world’s first laptop to feature Dolby Atmos sound. Lenovo said the laptops are specifically designed for the gaming community, hence the name Legion.
The 15-inch Legion Y520 will compete with the budget gaming laptops. The Y520 features a Full HD display panel, 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, NVIDIA GTX 1050 discrete graphics, Dolby Premium sounds, and red backlit keyboard.
Virtual reality is the new standard and 2017 is going to be the year of VR games. To make the Legion VR-ready Lenovo integrated the NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphics card into the Y720. Plug any VR headset into the HDMI port of Y720 and you are good to go. The 17 inch model of Y720 offers the option to go with an anti-glare coated 4k display panel. The RGB keyboard option is also available in the Legion Y720. Another great feature of Y720 is that it has integrated Xbox One Wireless Controller Support.
Key features of Lenovo Legion Y720
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
- NVIDIA GTX1060 powered by NVIDIA Pascal™
- Optional 1TB PCI-Express SSD storage
- World’s first Dolby Atmos laptop
- Integrated Xbox One Wireless Controller Support
- Optional multi-color backlit programmable keyboard
- New and improved thermal design
- Dual metal fans and rear air vents dissipate heat
- All-metal cover
- USB-C Thunderbolt™ Support
- Optional 4k Display Panel
The base model Lenovo Legion Y520 and Y720 are priced at $900 and $1400, respectively. The Legion Y520 will be available by this February, while the Y720 will be coming in April. If you are interested, then you can add these laptops to your wishlist and Lenovo will notify you once they are available.
Stay tuned for the updates.
Recommended by: Zergnet
Latest posts by Swapnil (see all)
- Razer launches two gaming headsets with multiple audio drivers - July 26, 2017
- Nintendo Switch is currently available on Amazon with 2-day shipping - July 8, 2017
- Highlights: The Humble Store’s DRM-Freedom sale - July 4, 2017