Back in October 2015, news about Nintendo making a new home console started to materialized all over the internet. It was confirmed that Nintendo is distributing Development Kits to some known publishers for their new console, code-named “NX”. All we knew back then is the “NX” will be a successor to Wii U and 3DS and is coming out in multiple formats.
On April 2016, Nintendo confirmed the NX will release in March 2017 and a new Legend of Zelda game will be the launch title.
On October 2016, exactly a year after the first time we heard about this device, Nintendo released a promotional video confirming the product’s name. The video showcased how ‘Nintendo Switch’ can be transformed into the multiple formats using some simple steps.
The first ever public demonstration of the Nintendo Switch in action was released, when Reggie Fils-Aime surprised Jimmy and the whole world by crashing The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon with the Nintendo Switch. Jimmy showed a brief demo of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild running on the Nintendo Switch.
On January 2017, Nintendo held a press event showcasing Nintendo Switch features, games, accessories, launch titles, official release date, and pricing. Followed by an official hands-on event where the tech journalist around the world got to try the Nintendo Switch and the new Legend of Zelda for the first time.
Nintendo Switch hit the stores on March 03, 2017, breaking the sales record in multiple regions. Nintendo Switch with the Joy-Con controller is priced at $299.99. Each Nintendo Switch title will cost you around $60, check out the more pricing details here.
The Switch is powered by a custom build NVIDIA Tegra processor. It features 6.2 inches multi-touch 1280×720 LCD display, 32GB of Internal Memory (Expandable up to 2TB via a microSD card), USB Type-C Port and Non-removable 4310mAh battery. Check out more hardware and software details here.
- Just Dance 2017
- Human Resource Machine
- I Am Setsuna
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Little Inferno
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- Super Bomberman R
- World of Goo
- Check out all games here.
Some interesting facts about the Nintendo Switch,
- It is Nintendo’s first fully hybrid console.
- The Nintendo Switch is the currently the only home console in the world to store physical games on cartridges The last cartridge-based home console before it was the Nintendo 64.
- The Nintendo Switch is Nintendo’s first home console since the Nintendo GameCube to have the word “Nintendo” included in its name.
- The Nintendo Switch is Nintendo’s first region-free home console, and their first fully region-free system since the Nintendo DS, released in 2004.
- The Nintendo Switch is Nintendo’s first console to charge using a USB Type-C connector.
Stay tuned for the updates.
Recommended by: Zergnet
Latest posts by Nawaz (see all)
- You can finally disable that dedicated Bixby button - September 19, 2017
- Real AI Phone: Huawei takes a dig at Apple - September 18, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 launched in India for ₹67,900 - September 13, 2017