Somebody on the Reddit just discovered that the YouTube’s desktop website has a hidden dark mode. If you have a Google Chrome browser you can easily enable this feature by simply adding some code in the developer console. Follow the following steps to activate the Dark Mode on your browser,
- Make sure the Google Chrome is updated to the latest version
- Go to YouTube’s home page and open the developer window by pressing Ctrl + Shift + I if you are using Windows, or Option + Command + I if you are using a Mac
- Select the “console” tab from the sidebar
- Add this text: document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE” and press the enter key
- Close the developer window and refresh the web page
- You will notice the dark mode option is now available in the main settings menu in the top right.
- Clicking this option will open a Dark mode toggle setting card
- Enable or disable the Dark Mode by manipulating the toggle’s position
Activating the mode takes you to the YouTube’s beautiful dark material design website. YouTube hasn’t officially announced this feature yet, it is probably just an another part of the test. It is a greate feature to have while browsing the website in the low light conditions. Enjoy!
Stay tuned for the updates.
Recommended by: Zergnet
Latest posts by Nawaz (see all)
- Intel announced the ninth generation Ice Lake processors, already - August 17, 2017
- Nintendo Switch will be available in all GameStop stores on August 15 - August 15, 2017
- Next PSN maintenance cycle is scheduled for August 15 - August 14, 2017