If you are using the latest generation AMD or Intel processors and belong from the tribe of Windows 7 users then we have a bad news for you. Microsoft just confirmed that Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 operating systems won’t get any new updates for AMD Ryzen and Intel 7th Gen processors.
According to a recent survey, 35% of the users are still using the older Windows 7 Operating system. Microsoft says new hardware needs the new software, the new processors are designed for the latest version of their operating system and the older platforms have compatibility issues.
You will be affected if you are using any of the following processors,
- Intel 7th Generation “Kaby Lake”
- Intel 6th Generation “Skylake” (at a later date)
- AMD Ryzen
- AMD “Bristol Ridge”
- Qualcomm “8996” (Snapdragon)
These users will be prompted by “unsupported hardware” error if they try to update their Windows OS. If you are still loyal to the Windows 7 then it is finally the time to say your goodbyes and upgrade to the Windows 10.
Stay tuned for the updates.
Recommended by: Zergnet
Latest posts by Swapnil (see all)
- Microsoft launches the new Surface Pro - May 23, 2017
- Oxygen Not Included: A beautiful space colony sim for PC - May 6, 2017
- Acer Aspire VX 15: The $800 gaming laptop - May 6, 2017