Microsoft recently announced their new fully fledged standalone laptop named the Surface Laptop. Design wise it probably the best-looking Windows laptop out there. It has better build quality than the Dell XPS and the HP Spectre which are already the really well built Windows laptop.
What makes the design of Surface Laptop different from the competitors is the presence of new the Alcantara fabric keyboard. It has both premium and comfortable feel to it. The Alcantara fabric is one of the biggest selling points of this new laptop. But it turns out it is also the biggest disadvantage of the Surface Laptop.
The Alcantara fabric is directly hard glued to the rest of the body. Which means there are no screws holding these two parts together. Microsoft did it to give the laptop a much cleaner look.
iFixit recently did a teardown on the new Surface Laptop. According to the experts, it is almost impossible to get into the laptop without damaging the parts. They have to literally tear down the Alcantara fabric from the computer only to find out more glued items. You can check the results in the following video,
Microsoft Surface Laptop Teardown!
- This laptop is not meant to be opened or repaired; you can’t get inside without inflicting a lot of damage.
- The CPU, RAM, and onboard storage are soldered to the motherboard, making upgrades a no-go.
- The headphone jack, while modular, can only be accessed by removing the heat sink, fan, display, and motherboard.
- The battery is difficult and dangerous to replace, giving the device a limited lifespan.
The Surface laptop weighs just 3 pounds and it will come in four colour variants namely platinum, burgundy, cobalt blue, and graphite gold. The model with Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM and 128GB of SSD storage is priced at $999.
Stay tuned for the updates.
Recommended by: Zergnet
Latest posts by Nawaz (see all)
- You can finally disable that dedicated Bixby button - September 19, 2017
- Real AI Phone: Huawei takes a dig at Apple - September 18, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 launched in India for ₹67,900 - September 13, 2017